HEC Indigenous Scholarship Program 2020 for Ph.D. Studies | 5000 Scholarships Apply Online Latest. The HEC Indigenous Scholarship Program for Ph.D. Studies 2020 for 5000 Scholarships Apply Online Latest published in The Nation Newspaper on 01 Mar 2020 & Last Date to Apply is 28 Mar 2020.
HEC Indigenous Scholarships 2020 for Ph.D. Studies Eligibility Criteria & Apply Online Advertisement Latest
Applications are invited from outstanding Pakistani/AJK nationals who intend to complete a Ph.D. from Pakistani Higher Education Commission (HEC) recognized universities/Degree Awarding Institutions (DAIs). The scholarships are being offered for the academic year 2020-21 in all areas of studies/disciplines under the project entitled “Indigenous Ph.D. Fellowship for 5000 Scholars-Phase-II Batch VI” in the following four categories:
- Bachelors/Masters 16 Years Completed
- Masters/MPhil 18 Years Enrolled
- Masters/MPhil 18 Years Completed
- Enrolled in PhD
New Govt Jobs 2020 Click Here
Basic Eligibility Criteria
- Pakistani/AJK nationals
- For MS/MPhil, the candidates must have a minimum of 16 years of education at the closing date of application i.e. March 28, 2020, with no 3rd Division or Grade-D in degrees/certificates during an entire academic career.
- Candidates applying for direct Ph.D. scholarships must have minimum CGPA 3.0 (out of 4.0) and 1″ Division in MS/MPhil or equivalent degrees.
- Maximum age at the above-mentioned closing date of application: i. 40 years for full-time, regular faculty members of public sector universities/DAls and regular employees of the public sector / R & D organizations ii. 35 years for all others
- Those candidates who are already availing any other HEC/Government scholarship are NOT eligible to apply.
- Applicants enrolled in a Ph.D. program before the Spring 2016 semester are not eligible to apply.
- This offer of scholarships is valid for full-time, regular students, while in case of employment, study leave will be required for the full duration of study program.
Applicants are required to submit only online application through (eportal.hec.gov.pk). A hard copy of applications and any other documents are not required at this stage.
Original online deposit slip/ATM transfer slip of Rs. 500/-(non-refundable) as application processing fee in favor of Director General, Finance, HEC. Fee can be deposited through any bank in Account Number 1742-79001334-01, Habib Bank Limited.
Higher Education Commission Aptitude Test:
An aptitude test will be conducted within one month of the closing date of application in the following four categories based on relevant discipline mentioned by the applicant. Candidates applying through the online process will be sent roll number slips at their provided mailing address and via SMS on given mobile number. The roll number slips can also be downloaded from the HEC website (www.hec.gov.pk).
- HAT— I Engineering & IT, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics 40 30 30
- HAT-11 Management Science, Business Education 30 30 40
- HAT- III Social Sciences, Arts & Humanities, Psychology ( Clinical and applied) 30 40 40
- HAT — IV Agriculture & Veterinary Sciences, Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences (except Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics) 30 40 40
- Discipline-wise and Federal Government Provincial Quota policy will be applicable for the award of scholarship.
- Disability quota (2%) will be applicable on the provision of a disability certificate issued by the concerned authority.
- Merit list of scholarships will be prepared on the basis of online information/data provided by the applicants and in case of any error/omission, the offer stands canceled. Students entitled to scholarships are required to enroll in those departments of universities/DAls who are approved and meeting indigenous and HEC Quality Assurance Criteria to run MS/MPhil/Ph.D. program available at the HEC website. However, National Scholarship Management Committee reserves the right to award the scholarship in selected universities/institutes/Departments in order to maintain Quality Standards.
- HEC reserves the right to select or reject applicants on the basis of selection criteria approved by the National Scholarship Management Committee (NSMC).
- In case of any omission/misrepresentation, HEC will not be responsible and reserves the right to reject the applicants at any stage.
- It will be mandatory for selected candidates to complete a Ph.D. under the scholarship program after fulfilling the entire requirements for the award of MS/MPhil degrees before enrolment into PhD program.
- Applicants are required to keep the record of the original fee deposit slip. A hard copy will be required at a later stage.
- For details, please visit www.hec.gov.pk/site/indigenous.
Project Director: Saima Naurin Email: [email protected] Indigenous Ph.D. Programmes Human Resource Development Division Higher Education Commission Sector H-9, Islamabad UAN: 051-111-119-432 www.hec.gov.pk
Last Date to Apply has been extended up to 28th of March 2020